9.28.2008

"Be Like Mike"/Sunday Confessional

I've seen on other blogs a feature called Sunday Confessional. I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce this to our blog. Use it for what ever you want to confess, report or discuss.

Like I said before, I am not an expert in weight loss. I am a stay at home Mom. I worked for 10 years in Cardiac Rehab. Now don't judge, (I promise I will do the same.) I don't exercise regularly. But....other than driving the 100 mile commute to school for the kids and being on the computer, I never stop moving, and even at that, my car is stick shift, so that counts for something, and I get interupted so many times on the computer its a wonder I can even complete a sentence! I am fidgiting my foot as we speak.

I am 32 years old. I am 5'6", 125-130lbs. Size 4-6. I have a slight baby pooch but it doesn't prevent me from wearing a bikini and I am actually quite proud of my "badge of honor". I don't love my butt. I not telling you this to brag, there is no way I'm entering the miss fitness contest any time soon. I too would love to look more like the ladies in Hollywood. I don't need to lose weight, but there are plenty of improvements in my body composition to be made.

Some things about me that I think are key to my weight:

I don't love any particular food and I centainly don't fear or manipulate it. Food is not a reward or a comfort. It's something your body needs to be healthy and strong. Ask my kids, they can repeat that verbatium. Early on my Mom gave me these tools. I never had to correct bad habits. It's just the way I am and hope to raise my kids the same way.

I don't drink soda, coffee or alcohol and I avoid processed foods and chemical substitutes. I haven't researched this, but I feel it in my gut. If your body is full of chemicals and toxins, it can't function properly and by that I mean get rid of excess waste/weight. There is more out there about this, and I'm sure you will learn the same if you looked.

That being said,
I eat what ever I want, when I want. Sometimes an A&W is just so refreshing or I am too lazy to make popcorn so I eat the microwaveable stuff, and licorice is such a yummy treat! Nothing is off limits.

I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. I don't care what the clock says. Usually every couple of hours. Small frequent meals. I don't skip meals, especially breakfast. I barely ever eat dessert. If I do, I wait 30 minutes or so until I have digested my meal. Who can pass up birthday cake or Baked Apple Pie in a bag with Ice Cream!

I see a chiropractor when I am feeling achey or unwell. I know how I feel after an adjustment and can confidently say this keeps me from getting sick. My kids also go and they have rarely been sick. They were adjusted days after being born and my daughter was even done in-utero. This may seem extreme to some, but this is how strongly I believe in the practice.

I don't take vitamins regularly, but wish I did. I just can't develop the habit. When I do, I take a super-multi (vitamins and minerals with a bunch of other herbals). I do think for digestion and enhanced immune function, probiotics are important.

These are just some of the things I think make me healthy and keep my weight from being an issue. I'm sure I've got some good genetics and metabolism. I believe the other things help too.
You don't have to "Be Like Mike(Me)", but it might help.

No comments: